NIV the sensitive way:
Non-Invasive Ventilation with Sophie
For optimal Ventilation and Oxygen Saturation at all Times
The major challenge in non-invasive ventilation (NIV) of newborns and premature infants is the adjustment of ventilation and oxygen saturation to the current patient situation in real time. This is exactly what SOPHIE does automatically. Thanks to the latest sensor technology, the device immediately recognizes if ventilation or oxygen absorption changes and adjusts therapy parameters accordingly. In addition, you have the option of activating high-frequency oscillation (HFO) without changing the patient tube system if the child’s situation so requires. At the touch of a single button. Because HFO is included with Sophie as well as a powerful humidification system.
NIV Ventilation using Sophie: Your Benefits
Simply activate Functions at the Push of a Button
Conventional ventilator, high frequency oscillator and humidifier – Sophie is more than just a device for NIV ventilation. It is capable of providing the essentials for the care of premature infants in this environment and allows activation and deactivation of functions depending on your needs and the situation.
- Rapid adaptation of ventilation therapy to the child’s situation
- No disconnection caused by unnecessary changes of the patient tube system
- Easy, fast and safe through an intuitive operating concept
Typical for premature and newborn infants: they like to move, pull up their legs, stretch their little arms. However, this also means that their breathing changes constantly. Sophie’s respiratory sensor converts the infant’s movements into a stable and responsive trigger signal. Ventilation is adapted automatically.
- Optimized synchronization of the child’s breathing under NIV ventilation
- Preventing Air Leak Syndrome and bronchopulmonary dysplasia
- Significantly reduced rate of reintubation
Automatic SpO2 Control
SPOC is the name of the SpO2 controller already integrated in Sophie which automatically ensures optimum oxygen saturation. For a detailed overview of the therapy, all parameters of the SPOC SpO2 controller are displayed in two concise trend curves for up to 24 hours.
- Prevent brain damage and blindness: through real-time oxygen saturation adjustment
- To control ventilation and arterial oxygen saturation, all it takes is a single sensor for measuring preductal oxygen saturation
- The ideal combination: significantly reduced nursing effort and improved patient safety
Sophie supports Therapy Adjustment
Nurses and caregivers cannot simultaneously and constantly keep an eye on every single one of their little patients. This is a fact. Sophie may be able to reduce the anxiety associated with not being at the right bed at the right time. Because Sophie not only provides important permanent and detailed monitoring, but also automatically adapts the therapy to the patient’s needs. And takes over documentation. This relieves the strain and creates space for the important aspects of care which cannot be automated.
- No manual recording of oxygen saturation throughout the day
- Significantly fewer manual therapy adjustments and thus considerably less time and documentation required
- More reliability to ensure little patients are optimally ventilated at all times
Discover what Sophie has to offer in the Field of non-invasive Ventilation
At first glance, Sophie may look like a conventional device for non-invasive ventilation. However, it offers so much more when it comes to optimum care for newborns and premature infants. Experience for yourself and discover what Sophie is capable of:
NIV Ventilation: Setup and Functions
Within the scope of NIV ventilation and adjustment, Sophie serves three purposes simultaneously:
Product Specifications Sophie
Accessories needed? Please submit the request-form via Email (email@example.com) or Fax (06439/9125-111) to our sales department.
You will receive your offer as soon as possible.
Should you have any questions about NIV or Sophie in general, please give us a call or send us an e-mail – we will be happy to help you:
Lars Ebelhäuser, Tel.: +49 6439 / 9125-130